LEGION MODZ
I have enabled a lock on this site to keep trollz out. This is a team of Android hackerz that believes in teamwork. So, Kinfolk if you wouldn't mind, please register and log in and help us grow. A.S.A.P...
LEGION MODZ
I have enabled a lock on this site to keep trollz out. This is a team of Android hackerz that believes in teamwork. So, Kinfolk if you wouldn't mind, please register and log in and help us grow. A.S.A.P...
LEGION MODZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGION MODZ

We Are Legion

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my screen isn't a black screen during boot any more

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WARP3D420\Admin
BIG DOG STATUS
BIG DOG STATUS
WARP3D420\Admin

my screen isn't a black screen during boot any more Empty
PostSubject: my screen isn't a black screen during boot any more   my screen isn't a black screen during boot any more Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 12:48 am

How do i make screen dimming work in ubuntu 12.04

Edit your /etc/default/grub file:

$ sudo gedit /etc/default/grub

or

$ sudo nano /etc/default/grub

or

from recovery terminal

# mount -rw -o remount /
# nano /etc/default/grub

Add the options "acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor" to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line. It should look like this:

*GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor"*

original line was:

*GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"*

Update grub configuration!!!! - do not forget to do this, the configuration change will not be set up if you don't run the next command:

sudo update-grub

This worked for me after trying a lot of other solutions. I have a HP dv7-6090ef with hybrid graphics Intel/AMD.

Have fun using Ubuntu!

[THIS IS A FIX FOR LAPTOPS THAT START IN BLACK SCREEN, FOUND IT ON UBUNTU]
[WORKED FOR ME]
Back to top Go down
https://legionmodz.forumotion.com/u1

my screen isn't a black screen during boot any more
Page 1 of 1